Random Scribblings On a Sunday Afternoon
1. My brains are more tired than I thought them to be. I can't figure out the reason just yet. Then there is also the fact that I there are quite a number of thoughts moving around in my brain and what better way to spend Sunday filing them up neatly on a blogpost!
2. Went for Nan's engagement function on Friday. When I went over to say hi (after the ceremony and stuff were over) she put away whatever she was holding to give me a hug and introduced her fiance. He's got a very soft handshake (as opposed to firm), but I've never seen her this happy before although she's one of those people who's always got a smile on their face. (Of course knowing her for the past 17 years, I can see the difference between genuine happiness and a normal smile)
3. I now suppose she (Nan) didn't tell me personally that she was getting engaged because she most probably was being the demure girl, the kind of behaviour a girl is expected to have by parents and future in laws of the community we belong to, and hence got her parents to do the publicity instead of jumping around and announcing to all and sundry that she was getting engaged. (Very archaic, I know... but there you have it!)
4. TerraShield and her cynicism are both going to hell
5. Went for S's wedding reception on Saturday afternoon. Haven't seen this girl since 1995, I think. Facebook reunited us. Also met with SL there at the reception.
5. Too many of my friends carry the same initials. Blogging about them using those initials is driving me crazy!
6. Technology is cool... but now, my laptop's USB port is having difficulties recognising my modem. (About a year ago, my ethernet port gave issues) What will be the future of my internet usage look like? I think it's bleak... and shadowed with fist banging on the laptop. Or modems being left overnight in refrigerators!
7. Do your taxes, TerraShield... don't wait till the last minute!
8. Using sunglasses and driving is surreal. You feel as though you're moving in a sepia coloured film.
9. Nothing interesting happens anymore :(
Edit: By nothing interesting, I mean to say nothing blogworthy - like dropping a pile of books on an innocent bystander, or flood occurring on the 2nd floor, etc!