Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Muse Misses The Last Flight Out

History repeats itself. It seems as though each time I go off on a trip (holiday or otherwise) my muse rides along, which is not a bad thing (after all, I owe observing silly things like the pilot welcoming us to KL instead of Kuching because of the muse)

However, the downside to this is that my muse kind of purposely stays behind to enjoy itself while I struggle with drafts and drafts of attempts to document the journey and experience I've encountered and everything else in between. In other words, I'm sort of having another 'block'. Damn!

So, while I gather my materials, sort out my thoughts, get back ownership of my brain (it is currently held against it's will by the foreign advisors until Thursday evening), and await my muse, I leave you with these - a picture of 'us' and a diagram depicting how we know each other...



Due to the semi private nature of this blog, we can only show you our feet... besides, it is admittedly difficult to travel without your feet!


How we know each other

7 comments:

  1. Ah ... the muse always desert you when you need her the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think (and this is just how it works for me) that posts about travel just kinfd of write themselves. In fact, pretty much all my posts just write themselves. Which is fortunate, because I am often a bit brain dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second picture. It's like something out of Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So which one is your feet? :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tazeen: Exactly!

    Citizen: Most of my ordinary stuff does that too... it's only the travel posts that refuse to come off smoothly... I'll just give it a day or two... :)

    Orhan: I had fun doing it... in fact while we were there, we tried to do the 6 degrees of separation thing, which had interesting results :)

    Sabrina: I'm the one in sneakers and brown 3/4 pants :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... travelogues.
    I don't travel enough to document my escapades. I think I should do something about my wanderlust.

    Btw, did you make the second picture?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah... drew it on paper and then photographed it... don't have a scanner at my disposal ;)

    ReplyDelete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...