Saturday, March 11, 2006

Where has the nasi lemak gone?

It's been awhile since I had my last dose of nasi lemak, which shall be referred to as NL from now henceforth. It has been that long that I can't remember when I last had a plate of the favourite breakfast.

Anyway, as I was saying... the absence of nl from the breakfast menu is not by choice. Firstly, the lady who sells NL at the entrance of my neighbourhood has gone AWOL eversince the fasting month in October last year. Has her sale of NL the past few years elevated her finances to levels that render her sale of NL to be not necessary anymore? Or has she moved to another neighbourhood? And then of course there's another choice where I could get my NL cravings fixed - that is at the tuck shop at work. However, since the original lady had returned from confinement and took the shop back from some pretty useless assistants, the NL sells like hot cakes (extra hot - not like before she left), but I'm always too late.

Ah, this is madness... here I am on a Sunday morning wishing the NL lady would make a sudden appearance, but she does not. So I blog about NL instead and think of fellow NL fans who might be deprived of it.

February 05, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...