Connection problems never seem to leave me. All my life (Oh, fine... the past year mostly) I've had to deal with inefficient customer service, disconnections, a broken ethernet port right after my laptop warranty is over, and in the latest "don't let Terra get on the net" attack, my modem decides to act up. I spent about 3 hours last night attempting to connect, but my adsl light kept flickering and wouldn't stay still.
Nothing worked, seriously... and as a result I went through the following processes relentlessly. Hence the three hours....
- Patted it nicely
- Tied the connection with rubber bands (the connection port is a wee bit loose, I noticed)
- Turned it on and off again and again
- Restarted the laptop (why? I don't know)
- Changed all the wires I could think off
- Changed them again (I had three wires to play with)
- Plugged everything out
- Plugged them back in and out again
- Threw the modem on the floor
- Stepped on the modem
- Threatened it
- Called it an asshole
- Sang "Come on, come on, come on Get through it" from Blur's Tender to the modem
- Ate a cookie (no connection with trying to get connected, though)
- Dipped the end of the wire into some water to give the modem a shock, but curiosity got the better of me and I received a small jolt instead
Finally, I gave up at 11:20 pm. I disconnected all the wires, shut down the laptop and chucked the modem into the fridge. What is the point in abusing an inanimate object? What a waste of time... should have gone to the gym instead!