Otherwise known as "I have no Life"
So, after 2 hits on Facebook and a few hours of cumulative procrastination, this is it, the 25 most random things about yours truly which I had put up on Facebook and decided to put up here as well...
1. There are a few street lights that go off or on each time I pass under them. Even more recently, I discovered a light that went out at work when I walked under it. This will be fun until it gets repaired
2. I started using glasses since the age of 7. Since then I've broken a few, lost one in a bus and even temporarily misplaced another for two weeks
3. I got my drivers license at 18, but never really drove actively until I had to at the age of 24 when I desperately needed to and got my own car because I was a bit scared of driving. Soon after that my sister gives me the nick name Evil Knievel!
4. A group of Singaporeans once asked me if I was really a Malaysian when I said that I don't eat durians!
5. Most people who have communicated with me at some point or another would definitely end up exclaiming "You're crazy!!"
6. In March of 1999, I had 8 continuous days of disaster. It started with my wallet being stolen followed by my scientific calculator (a week before finals, mind you), was helplessly 'blind' for over a day, had a disastrous C programming assignment and had to act in a play which took up so much time. I had wanted to blog about this period in my life since 2006, but never really got to it, except the wallet story, that is.
7. Growing up, I was rather tall for my age, but I slowly ended up being of average height by mid/late teens. People who saw me last back in primary school (circa 1992) express surprise when they see me now. "I thought you'd be bigger"
8. I am horribly quick tempered but also cool down as quickly. I still haven't decided if it is something I like about myself or not. I also had a lot of anger in me when I was younger. As a result a Rubic's cube barely missed my sister
9.Which reminds me that I had never got the colours right on all the sides of a Rubic's cube
10. I am insanely scared of big and deep bodies of water. I still shudder at the thought of the raging river I crossed during a recent training in the jungle
11. I have never had a pet :(
12. I cannot stand seeing people being bullied. I feel the need to protect my parents from the horrible neighbours on the left hand side and therefore assert myself to compensate my parents giving in attitude much to my mother's dismay and as a result my sister hums the tune to Gangsta's Paradise whenever she feels like it!
13. I had walked out of a moving bus once. I assure you it was not fun.
14. I can get a bit obsessive about things. The other day, I was awake until almost 2 am tweaking a template. In 2007, I spent a few hours listening to One Way Ticket to Hell and Back for a few hours repeatedly after looking for the album for a long time. And way before that I was very obsessed about the song Baba O'Reilley that it even came in a dream!
15. Growing up as an only child for almost 5 years, I created an older sister for myself, and told about 'our big sis" to my younger sister who believed every word I said.
16. Despite having good friends in school , I did hate the secondary school I went to and its totalitarian rules which I suspect contributes to my current aversion towards authority.
17. I currently find the words "He's a nice boy" to be a bit of a turn off. Why can't they say something like "He's someone you might find interesting" A point to ponder, eh?
18. I'm a tad bit worried about the perpetual tiredness I'm facing at the moment
19. Signs that I'm under tremendous stress: The area where I think my kidneys are located hurt, so does the back of the neck, and a bit of the shoulders. I keep looking for food, patience is wafer thin and I procrastinate by thinking of random facts about myself
20. Despite the things I've said above, I'm generally amicable and have a lifelong mission to make people laugh
21. Despite the insecurities and a generally almost crappy life I lead ( I don't have one, really), I still like myself most at this age (well, the person I've become, at least) Please note that I may say something to contradict this in the future
22. At the age of 6, I fell down and hurt my head badly. There was a lot of blood that dripped onto my t-shirt which was one of my favourite t-shirts back then, and the place where I received the stitch still has a bump (and possibly a scar, but since my head is full of hair and I can't seem the back of my head, I can't really say)
23. My love for the environment began in 1992 when I sat by the window of a different school and wrote an essay titled Why I love trees. I won first prize. That also made me think that I can write, something which I really want to do.
24. I am what people in Malaysia would refer to as a coconut. I can't really speak my native tongue fluently because I have to translate my thoughts from English, find the proper word from my (very) limited vocabulary and then fit all the words in the sentence structure. And even after all that trouble, people say it sounds weird. Tough stuff.
25. My mind refuses to stay still. It is always thinking of something and never leaves me in peace. Worse is when more than 1 thought fights for attention, and I get all muddled up and confused. Sometimes, I think my body works independently without me.
This is an attempt to write without filters. Pauses between sentences and ideas will be kept to a minimum. Spelling errors will be there, bu...
We celebrate 51 years of independence today. 50 years ago on this very day, our Father of Independence, Tunku Abdul Rahman proclaimed the wo...
Porridge is bubbling Porridge is bubbling, bubbling hot, Stir it round And round in the pot. The bubbles plip! The bubbles plop! It...
"Guilty until proven innocent - if you can find a way to prove your innocence, that is. Ha ha ha ha" The line above sort of...