Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Of protesting brains and kidneys

Wiki answers says that a human uses 10% of their brains in a lifetime. Now, I can't say for sure (because I can't really think, and I'm sleepy as well as in need of coffee), but I've heard in other places where people only use 3% or less and oh, whatever!

Anyway, today, I feel as though I might have used up all the 10% allocated in about 6 hours, and believe me, the way I'm feeling now is even worse than the time when I had 27 chapters to study in less than 24 hours! It was one of the most exhausting processes in the world (today, and not the day with 27 chapters) The worst part is that I will have to go through the whole process once again tomorrow and I'm dreading it.

And somewhere at the back, my left kidney is protesting against the local drought.

9 comments:

  1. I always think of the Bart Simpson quote "did you know most people use 10% of their brain... I aim to be one of those people".

    Energising hugs for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bart Simpson... reminds me that I actually haven't seen any Simpsons episode lately.

    Thanks for the hugs. Hugely appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, was beaten to the hugs ;)

    About 10 years ago I took a cocktail of drugs that I'm sure opened at least 20% of the brain. A very surreal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 27 chapters in 24 hours is insane ... protest against the teachers who assign such crazy workload

    ReplyDelete
  5. orhan: LOL! Never too late, and I survived the second day - sort of!

    20 percent? Oh wow, that would have left you feeling terrible after it wore off, I guess?

    tazeen: Those days are long gone, and though I do have a postgraduate dream in mind, I'll try to avoid last minute work like those days.... But first, I've got to cure my addiction to blogging and reading blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm... waht;s with the left kidney?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My back hurt that day... and I noticed that I had not taken much water as well... so I figured that it's my kidney protesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. better take good care of the kidney... trust me, u dont want to screw it up...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks zewt, I will. I had issues with it when i was a kid, so I do need to be extra careful

    ReplyDelete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...