In spite of certain bad reviews by friends and complaints in the papers by strangers which seemed to be floating around like krill in the ocean right from the early 2000's, I went ahead and subscribed to the only broadband service provider back in 2006. If I'm not mistaken, it was the only service available before a couple of telco companies decided to offer their services quite recently.
Contrary to what people said, it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Of course it was also not as high speed as you'd expect. YouTube still needs buffering most of the time, and if you used it (the broadband service) at 'peak hours'- late nights in the weekends, that is, you'd be practically crawling the net (According to a friend of mine who works in a neighbouring country, using broadband there means that buffering is non-existent)
This year though, they irritated the hell out of me. Despite the fact that their service remained the same, they were sort of bought over by their mother company. (Some sort of restructuring process?) They sent in a letter stating this, but nothing further was mentioned. I used to do my payments online via my bank direct into their account and my bills were always a crisp clean sheet of paper, without any outstanding balance. But this year, despite my timely payments (who wants their internet connection cut off, anyway?), I kept receiving bills from the 'mother company' with a staggering outstanding balance. Even the online portal which I check from time to time lists the status of those bills as 'adjustment' "Uh, excuse me... but what on earth do you mean by adjustment?"
There it was. The ugly bills reared it's head around the tenth of each month. Finally, after some time, I decided to call them up and give them a piece of my mind (which unfortunately wasn't much)
So, the guy on the line (who keeps calling me Miss, which I can't stand, but I can't tell him to not call me that way, because he most probably was trained to do so, and if I said that he might start calling me madam which is even worse!) tells me about how the accounts have been transferred to the new company (Only then I noted that I had 2 account numbers stated on the bill so clearly) and how I have been paying to the old account and how that inconveniences them, as they have to manually transfer everything to the new account and that's why it takes them a minimum of 3 months to finally register the payment as 'paid'.
In the end, I guess it's not that big of a problem anyway. All I've left to do is close the old account, open a new one and everything should be back to normal. I hope.