Monday, May 05, 2008

ROUTINE, ANYONE?

What if one day, you were awoken to the sound of rustling paper, only to discover a note pinned onto your pillow while you were asleep in which is stated that from now henceforth, you are required to follow a schedule so tight that you could forget to breathe?

I'm not a fan of schedules and routines. Deadlines are fine, but the step by step progress should be given some freedom. Alas, we live in such a world where routine does play a part, otherwise things may never get done. What you end up having is bored individuals who are always seeking for something new and exciting.

Anyway, I was sort of tagged by Anita from Ramblings of the Heart and Mind (well, she tagged me, but not this blog...) with this meme called My Daily Routine

What time do you usually wake up?
six thirty-ish on workdays and after nine on off days

What’s the first thing you do?
groan (if i recall correctly)

Breakfast?
Low fat milk on the go on workdays and tea on weekends

Do you go to work/school?
Yeah

Do you like it?
It keeps me occupied :)

If you stay at home, what do you do all day?
Read, go online or catch up with tv/music and ZZZZ

When’s lunch and what you eatin’?
Lunch has been substituted with brunch. What's in it varies based on what's available

What time do you get home from work/school?
Late :(

What do you do?
Hmmmm.... this needs a post on its own, but to summarise it, I'd say I'm there to ensure that nothing teribble happens to whatever it is we make! Honestly, I'd rather talk about what I'd rather do :)

Dinner: When and what?
Late, and whatever that is available

What do you do to unwind?
Music and books. I used to think that blogging helped a bit when I was tensed up, but it doesn't have the same effect it had like say two years back...

What is your favourite part of the day?
At night right before I sleep

Who’s your favourite person to interact with?
Sister, I guess

When’s bedtime?
eleven-ish

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of routine either. Sometimes it makes the day go too fast, and other times it slows the day down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True... and you're left with nothing to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm a creature of habit that abhors routine! There's something about someone making you do things, even if you were going to do them anyway, that makes you need to break out.

    I think routine is not a bad thing as long as you can break out of it whenever you need/want to!

    I see you are experimenting with colours for your blog. Have you settled on one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Currently, I have no choice but to follow the routine. Of course breaking out of it every once in awhile is wonderful :)

    As for the colours, yes, I have been experimenting. What looks nice at the desktop at work looks strange on the laptop. So I've reverted to the original yellow/orange theme. That may stay for another year before I try experimenting again. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Ok...it's not a secret anymore; I found your pt. deux.

    Thanks for doing the tag. My life's been a routine since the year began - Oh, how I abhor it!

    ps: Shall I re-link you on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol!

    Yeah... we can't seem to run away from routine :( MAybe hiding for awhile might do us some good though :D

    ps: yeah, feel free to do so. I'm not really 'hiding' anymore :)

    ReplyDelete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...