The Bud is Back Meme
Every now and then, the narcissist in the blogger decides to surface and tell all and sundry about themselves. While yours truly is not really willing to divulge everything about herself (real name for one), she happens to like talking about her blog. A lot. She saw this meme, liked it and decided to honour it by stealing it. After all, that is what Sunday Stealing is all about!
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
It happened on a whim - I had stories to tell, and the blog kind of took them in without telling me that I'm crazy.
2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean?
You know how sometimes when you convince yourself enough about something, it may just come true? The same goes for the name of this blog. According to the free dictionary, raconteur means : One who tells stories and anecdotes with skill and wit. Someday, I hope that the blog will live up to it's name :)
3. Do you ever had another blog?
(Have you ever had another blog? Did you ever have another blog?)
Yes. Quite a few actually.
a) The old one that got deleted by the host :(
b) A rather sluggish fitness blog
c) Another old deleted blog a few of us wrote in (this was cool because the authors were from three different continents - Africa, Europe and Asia)
d) A hidden blog in which part of a novel I was working on sits quietly.
4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog?
Click links on wikipedia, stalk friends on Facebook, send e-mails, chat with some friends, read news, play some random point and click games...
5. How about when you're not on the computer?
Then it means I'm reading something
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
I think the posts speak for themselves. I can't even write a proper 'about me' section, so I guess there's really nothing much tell anyway. I wouldn't mind anyone asking me any question that they'd want to know about, though :D
7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere?
Err... are there communities?
8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout?
Clean and simple, although I have been through phases where complex layouts with lots of details and (ahem) wild colours ruled the day. Dark font, preferably MS Trebuchet on a light background is a must. Other than that, anything goes.
9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog.
My superhero-esque persona, Terra Shield - taken from the picture used by Blogthings when you answer the quiz:
10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them.
i. It's cruel to pick just three when you have so many on the blogroll AND you like all of them
ii. I break meme rules all the time, so I'll tell the different reasons I read the blogs on the blogroll instead
a) They're fun to read because they depict mostly ordinary lives in an interesting way
b) They tell interesting stories about people you'd never know about
c) You get to know about how they live in their respective countries, what they do everyday and things that interest them
d) They deal with heavier issues I have interest in but am too lazy to blog about
11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently?
Probably "Pages" but I just don't have the time to revamp the whole blog or as I mentioned above, to write a decent 'about me' post
12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from your blog persona?
i. I love to procrastinate (I even have a label for it)
ii. I travelled quite a bit the last year
iii. I love bad jokes
iv. I love to draw not so good pictures and pass them off as artwork on this blog
v. I also write what I would call "Bad Poetry" - This is my favourite
vi. I complain a lot
vii. I write the occasional review on books, movies and music, but it's not the best thing I do
viii. Things which require you to have a twisted funny bone
ix. OMG! My blog persona has no personality
13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they?
Most of my interests have been mentioned throughout the years spent blogging (and I've been around for quite awhile now), so probably not. If it's something I don't mind talking about, then it will be here.
14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make, Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans?
I don't know... there might have been one or two or even three throughout the lifespan of the blog. The thing is, blogging is probably dying a slow death no thanks to the new media out there which people use to express themselves, so having anyone read and comment is already awesome enough.
15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
Nothing at the moment. My imagination is doomed.
16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about?
Earlier this year, I had one of my 'bucket list' wishes achieved. I've written about it, but haven't completed it yet.
17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face?
Well, this person used to read my blog but didn't have a blog on their own. If this counts, then one, if not, then none
18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy?
I stopped talking about work-related woes earlier this year. I hardly mention the truly personal aspects of my life.
19. What's a question that you'd love to answer?
I don't know...
20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it?
People who became friends through blogging mostly ended up being friends on Facebook instead once they quit/slowed down in blogging, so the answer is no.
21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!”
Feel free to 'steal' this and post it on your own blogs if you're into stuff like this :)