Saturday, September 03, 2011

I Fought Gravity and Gravity Won

So, after the mishap with the ankle back in March, I've been ultra careful with my movements. I started walking up and downstairs (instead of running up or down, and skipping a step as I usually do), put on an ankle guard each time I go out, etc. But my accident free days were not meant to be.

Last night, I became a human bowling ball while stepping into the bathroom, got reacquainted with the bathroom floor, and somehow managed to hurt my left knee, my right elbow and wrist, the right hand side glutes and the back of my head. All hurt parts are fine now, due to quick action and the fact that I've had practice thanks to my accident proneness!

I don't know how it happened, but I must have slipped, and although I realised I was slipping and would eventually be outdone by gravity, there was no stopping it - I did try, though, which is how I explain the scratch marks on the wrist. I think I was more in shock than I was in pain.


6 comments:

  1. queenwilly has accidents without even falling over

    http://queenwilly.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/its-broke/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Thanks for sharing that. The post and the comments were entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! This sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Reminds me of the restaurant story...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, that's quite a fall. Reminds me of how I fell into a drain while waving 'Hi' at someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... I made good friends with the drains around me when I was younger as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...