Saturday, April 12, 2008

ON BORROWED TIME

I've been away for longer than I like to be away. Of course if I had my way, I'd be around like every single day, but I'm beginning to feel that my own personal time is not mine any longer. Besides the few hours which I use for 'have to do' stuff like eating, sleeping and taking a shower, I find the rest of my time brutally taken away from me by this place I go to daily so that I can earn some $$$. This unfortunately includes Saturdays as well as some Sundays, so I'm left with little time for fun activities like this. And then of course there's also the fact that I'm so mentally and physically exhausted that blogging takes a backseat while I mull over parameters for machines or try to investigate why something has gelled even though it is not supposed to!!

So now, it in the early a.m of a warm Saturday morning. Naturally, I should be catching some sleep as I predict that tomorrow (which is actually today, but more of when I wake up) is going to be a long day... but like I said, I've been away for far too long, so here I am, without something profound to blog about (but hey, when have I ever blogged about anything profound save for a few occasional posts that suddenly decide to make an appearance?), except for the cruel things that life is made of.

5 comments:

  1. I hope things settle down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. My clients have 24/7 access to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, skewed ratios. So much to do, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to stress. Just take it as it comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. travis: thanks. I really hope so too!

    cyberfish: my sympathies to you... at least I don't deal with customers

    julia: yes, that's true. I'm still trying to figure out how to make time stretch!

    orhan: yeah... that's what i'm trying to do... each day as it comes :)

    ReplyDelete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...