Sunday, March 16, 2008

I USED TO BE HEALTHY, SNIFF, SOB! SIGH...

Oh! What is pain?
When it appears again and again,
All I can do is complain!

(That's an almost haiku by the way as it doesn't fit into the 5, 7, 5 rule)

Oh well, the hip is at it again. This time around, it's the left hip that groans in protest at any sign of movement. About two weeks before that it was the right hip that was in pain. This continuous cycle of pain in the hip is driving me insane. Fine, I know I have to walk a lot (about a few kilometres) each day at work, but that doesn't mean the hips have any right to hurt.

I can't imagine that of all things I'm complaining about body aches (besides the hip, the back as well as my calves hurt as well), and I'm reminded of the time about two years ago when I went to see the doctor regarding my leg pain. The doctor asked my age and laughed. Of course that was two years ago, and he gave me some medication but the very thought of being laughed at again has deterred me from making another visit to the doctor.

Anyway, as I found out from a few others at work, they've been facing similar problems as well... we collectively agree that it is most probably due to the overwhelming quantity of tasks to complete and the stress that follows. I'm beginning to doubt if it will ever end!

6 comments:

  1. I'd get a new doctor if his response to a complaint of joint pain is to laugh.

    I live with chronic pain and have since my mid-30's. I can tell you it has nothing to do with age. There are forms of arthritis that can strike at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vivek: I'm trying to :)

    cyberfish: I've heard the same from several others as well...

    travis: yeah, you're right... i usually visit the panel doctor at the clinic at work, because its more convenient, and the same doctor has been there all this while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new colour scheme.

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...