1. Find November
2. Add a dash of self induced insomnia
3. Sign up for a competition with stringent time constraints
4. Sit for an exam in a foreign language
5. Study the said language
6. Apply for leave (2 days) to study said language
7. Go to work and stay there for 12 hours
8. Work on Saturdays too
9. Ensure that everything is urgent, if it's not, make sure that machines break down so that sooner or later it will be urgent.
10. Work with a colleague who has just handed in his resignation and is doing his involuntary notice period.
11. Your other level headed colleague is out of the country
12. Neglect your blog and concentrate on other things (read: work/competition/exam)
13. Worry about everything that usually doesn't worry you
14. You find out that your favourite band loses a team member (The bright side is, he's still alive, so chances for a regrouping will be there)
15. Make sure that everything clashes with everything
16. Encourage your car to make funny noises
17. Yell at people, be grumpy
18. Throw in a million distractions
19. Do more paperwork, draw graphs that make no sense
20. Write fiction till you hate your characters, and then give up after you've passed the 30,000 word mark
Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl. Something about the size of yourself will suffice.
Let it simmer slowly for one whole month. Be careful not to let it get too hot, for no deaths should occur.
At the end of the month, look into a mirror and laugh out loud
You may or may not feel better, but you will realise that November has finally come to an end.
If you're brave enough, maybe you could jump into the nearest ocean/river/drain to forget about November.
There you have it, all the ingredients to make a disasterous November... Next year I'm gonna obliterate November by sleeping through it, unless I get brutally woken up by reality (I wish!) Got to remember to make an appointment with an evil fairy godmother!
PS: OK, I must have mentioned this like a thousand times to anyone who would listen, but yeah, the Japanese exam is on 3rd December. Yes, that's barely 2 days away, and here I am, distractedly blogging .
Please wish me luck... I am actually dead scared :)
This is an attempt to write without filters. Pauses between sentences and ideas will be kept to a minimum. Spelling errors will be there, bu...
We celebrate 51 years of independence today. 50 years ago on this very day, our Father of Independence, Tunku Abdul Rahman proclaimed the wo...
Porridge is bubbling Porridge is bubbling, bubbling hot, Stir it round And round in the pot. The bubbles plip! The bubbles plop! It...
"Guilty until proven innocent - if you can find a way to prove your innocence, that is. Ha ha ha ha" The line above sort of...