Thursday, May 10, 2012

Do I Have to Give this a Title?

The day begins. A brand new day, you tell yourself as you prepare to get to work. You hear a bit of an interesting conversation on the radio before more important things drag you away forcefully and you leave not knowing how the topic was concluded. You make a mental note to download the podcast with your new superspeed internet connection and almost brand new laptop when you get back home later that night.

Life goes on. The hours you spend solving problems you didn't create in the first place vanish with almost the blink of an eye. Soon, it's time to face the superspeed internet and your new laptop, but the mental note you made earlier stubbornly stays a mental note. So you lie down on the floor with the laptop and play Tetris Battle until you spend all your energy. Literally.

Repeat the cycle the next day.

*Edit: Mark mentioned something about being stuck in a rut in the comments below, so I thought I'd just add this video by one of my favourite 'current' bands.

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sorta relaxing day at least. Hate when I forget what I wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I skipped all the hard parts, actually. The truth is, I've been forgetting to download the podcasts practically the whole week.

      Delete
    2. @Pat - I wanted to type something... what was it?

      Delete
  2. Well Tetris is a good way to spend ones time. Sounds like you're just stuck in a rut and need to mix things up. I feel like that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I think I am too. I've got the right song for it, and will add it to the post!

      Delete
    2. Or drawsomething !

      hahaha. i feel like i'm stuck too, especially of late. i hate it :(

      Delete
    3. I never really got into the drawsomething craze due to not having a proper computer back then when it was 'hot'

      Yeah, I hate the feeling of being stuck too.

      Delete
    4. you just need a smart phone :) its still pretty hot

      Delete
  3. It happens. One minute you're on top of things with boundless energy, next minute you're the other extreme. Always been a fan of The Darkness though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I always look forward to hearing from fellow The Darkness fans.

      Delete
  4. ah those hours at work solving other people's problems.... I know them all too well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't complain, though... I knew what I was getting into. :)

      Delete
  5. My life is a series of unfulfilled mental notes....if I don't do it there and then, then it's forgotten. I am particularly good at waking up at 3am with a cure for cancer, an end to world hunger, and peace on earth...damned if I can remember them in the morning though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through a similar process for blog posts/ideas for stories. I even tried keeping a notebook by my side, but nothing makes sense any more the next day.

      Delete
  6. No need to give it a title. I'm sure we can all relate. But guess what.... it's weekend! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ONLY remember stuff like that if I make an actual note. Mental notes don't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's time to bring out the post its again. :)

      Delete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...