Monday, January 23, 2012

Where There Be Dragons

If you could pick one mythical creature which deep down you knew must have existed, what would it be? 

Mine, with unwavering certainty would be the dragon, the majestic creature known for it's ability to fly across the sky, breathing fire on anything in it's way, holding princesses hostage in caves until a mad prince decides to behead it. Of course if it were real, holding princesses hostage may have just been a tall tale kings and queens would tell their princes and princesses so that they wouldn't sneak out of the castle and get kidnapped or something, because lets face it, being kidnapped by a dragon only to be saved by a prince is way more romantic than say, being kidnapped by a kidnapper who called your parents for some ransom, and the person who finally rescued you was the negotiator for the police, or a very clever detective. 

I have always been fascinated by dragons for as long as I can remember, which was why I was extremely excited about a certain show I saw on TV a few years ago. Me being me, I had missed the first ten minutes of the show and almost believed that dragons did really exist. The show was that realistic. I finally caught up with the 10 minutes I missed a few days later, and sadly realised that it was all imagined. 

Nevertheless, there's still always the possibility of finding the necessary evidence that dragons did really exist someday. We only have to wait and see. 

Note: 
1. Post inspired by Chinese New Year (it's the year of the dragon this year), and a local newspaper's feature article on (you guessed it) dragons.

16 comments:

  1. I was born in the year of the dragon too. 1988!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of famous people born in the year of the dragon. Just realised that my boss is also one!

      Delete
  2. Yeah never know they could have existed, all myth is based on some form of truth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. Especially since the dragons seem to exist in different cultures around the world.

      Delete
  3. Let's not forget Reign of Fire where that kid found a dragon egg in a mine. That could really happen.


    That WILL happen.

    Dragons ARE real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that movie. Yeah, that would be really awesome if/when it happens.

      Delete
  4. I'd rather have been a unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unicorns are lovely. I wouldn't be surprised if they were really around at some point either.

      Delete
  5. My wife's mother is a real dragon, she breathes fire and everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I watched that too and then was convinced dragons must be real as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show was really convincing. Can't blame us for believing that dragon remains were actually found.

      Delete
  7. dragons are so cool, I want to be a centaur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Centaurs are interesting too. I had a centaur figurine as a child.

      Delete
  8. I remember reading a story as a kid about some guy who found a dragon egg and secretly raised it, and ended up flying around on it. I was totally captured by the idea of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun, raising a dragon - secretly.

      Delete

IT's THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

Time for the Annual Appraisal again.  It's a cloudy Sunday afternoon, and I had just finished giving scores to my subordinates on their ...